Saturday, January 12, 2013

Brainstorming

Right now, I know for sure that I want my senior project to revolve around food, restaurants, and/or food trucks. I think I want to make a brochure on "How to Open a Food Truck in SF", after doing extensive research on the cost, benefits, setbacks, goals of food trucks in and around the city. 
There's also a possibility that I want to look at a restaurant environment as well, and compare it to that of a food truck. Which is more economical, a restaurant or a food truck? Which is healthier? Which attacks a larger crowd? What are the purposes of opening a restaurant instead of a food truck and visa-versa?
Connections I have: 
-My neighbor is a co-owner of a Japanese restaurant in my neighborhood, he also sells alcohol to a ton of major restaurants in the city. 
-My dad's co-worker has an online web-series called "The Food Dude" where he samples and rates different food trucks and restaurant hide-outs around the city.
-"Off the Grid" (food truck congregation) happens every friday night a few blocks away from my house. I could go there and inquire at the 20+ food trucks that set up there.

I'm not sure who could be an outside supervisor yet, as I still don't fully understand who is qualified to do so/what their job would be. 

1 comment:

  1. Zoe,
    Good start. To clarify the role of the outside supervisor would be to give you an additional mentor who has expertise in the food field. Even if you could find someone to meet with twice a week during May, it would be a welcome addition. keep networking as we discussed.

    ReplyDelete