Monday, May 13, 2013

Week 2: Day 1

Welcome to week 2! This week, I'm on my own. Aside from working at Naked Chorizo on Friday and possibly a few other times, I'm primarily working on my final product: the food tent. I have a lot to do this week. Some of my main goals are...


  • create business plan (how much of what, how much will it cost, potential profits)
  • narrow down menu (what works, what doesn't, what will sell?)
  • practice actually making the hobo pies (focus on consistency in taste and appearance)
  • confirm Drew as a location, scout other locations/sites to sell at
  • borrow white tent from Zenia
  • go to either Costco or Food Depot, tally how much I need to spend on each food item
  • marketing! (create logo, promote on facebook and twitter, food photoshoot)
  • other items needed for tent: propane stove, table, utensils and napkins, signs, something to keep food warm, order tickets

It's going to be a scramble! Writing it all down reminds me of how much I need to get done, and also brings all of these important details into reality. I never truly realized how much each of these minute details would actually matter. They are all essential!!
Last night I created an official Facebook page and Twitter for Zobo's Hobo Pies. (https://www.facebook.com/ZobosHoboPies, www.twitter.com/ZobosHoboPies)
The Facebook page already has 20 likes!! This way I can cater to the Drew community and post updates of what I'm working on, menu items to look forward to, exact time and date of where I'll be and more!! It's looking pretty good right now. 

UPDATE: I have just officially completed the California Food Handler's Training!! This makes me a much more legitimate destination to grab a quick bite to eat, now that I know what proper food handling really entails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment